1625 Independent People

Text size:
Share this page: Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn

Latest News

Tales by the Oven
Friday 18 August 2017

A year of positive energy
Tuesday 1 August 2017

Apply for Bristol Floating Support

Who we can support

The Bristol Floating Support service is for 16-21 year olds. 
22-24 year olds may still be referred to the service if they have complex needs or have a strong preference for the service. 
We can not accept clients with dependent children (living with them) as there is a specialist service for them (Bristol Young Parents Alliance (BYPA) www.placesforpeople.co.uk)
We typically support people with things like resettlement, prevention of homelessness, accessing more appropriate accommodation and any other relevant issues which prevent them from becoming homeless. 

How we decide who to support

The first thing we do when someone is referred to us is make an assessment to see if we are the best service for them. If we feel another agency would better suit support needs, we'll help link in with them too.
Advice and Assistance will be offered to all young people who are referred and those who need ongoing support will be allocated a Support Worker to coordinate their support plan.

How to apply and forms

- If you work for an agency and want to refer someone:

All referrals have to be on the Housing Support Register with Bristol City Council. If  you are not sure, please call the Floating Support Service on 0117 317 8800 and we’ll advise you.

- If you are 16-24 and think you need support:

Call the Floating Support Service on 0117 317 8800

Email us enquiries@1625ip.co.uk

Or visit us at our Old Market office
All contents copyright© 2013. 1625 Independent People is a charity and a registered society (Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, reg: 23964R exempt from registration with the Charity Commission). Registered office: Kingsley Hall, 59 Old Market Street, Bristol, BS2 0ER. Created & Managed By Solsoft